Secondary financing will close in the name of your company. Prior to closing, CBC Mortgage Agency will issue a funding obligation letter for the second lien. Secondary financing will be transferred to CBCMA after closing. Seconds are required to be registered with MERS. You will need to provide a MERS number for the second mortgage. Additional guidance can be found in CBCMA program guidelines which is found at chenoafund.org.
IMPORTANT NOTES REGARDING DELIVERY OF THE SECOND LIEN to CBCMA. Your FHA First Mortgage may NOT BE INSURABLE if you do not have an executed assignment of the Second Mortgage to CBC Mortgage Agency OR a Secondary Financing MERS transfer to CBCMA BEFORE you receive your final FHA Mortgage insurance Certificate. Therefore, it is recommended that you transfer the MIN to CBCMA as soon as possible after closing.
Under the terms of the funding obligation letter, your company extends funds at the closing table on behalf of CBC Mortgage Agency for the borrower’s down- payment. These funds are reimbursed by CBC Mortgage Agency at the time the first mortgage is purchased. FHA requires that the secondary financing be in the name of the government agency prior to insuring, so it is EXTREMELY important that all second mortgage MINS are registered with MERS as soon as possible after closing and the TOS/TOB to CBCMA be executed immediately.
The second must be transferred to CBC Mortgage Agency as soon as the file has been closed.
CBC Mortgage Agency contacts. The following are areas where you can address questions to the CBCMA team.
Secondary financing documentation requirements. The following documents are required for all second lien loans
- 2nd Lien Loan Application
- 2nd Lien Loan Estimate
- 2nd Lien Closing Disclosure
- 2nd Lien First Payment Letter – reflecting CBCMA servicing address:
Statebridge Company, LLC
Attn: Payment Processing
6061 S. Willow Dr., Ste 300
Greenwood Village, CO, 80111
- 2nd Lien Note – payment address for repayable 2nds must reflect CBCMA servicing address shown above.
- 2nd Lien Mortgage/Deed of Trust
- CBC Mortgage Agency Secondary Financing Disclosure
- CBC Mortgage Agency Letter from the President
- CBC Mortgage Agency Quality Control Release form
- Addendum Regarding Seller or Lender Contributions (if applicable – applies to loans with seller-paid borrower origination charges)
- Notice of Transfer of Servicing for 2nd Lien